Wednesday 26 June 2013

The Harcombe Diet

LADIES!! I am so angry with myself. I had this HUGE post all set and done and posted and I have no idea what I did, I obviously tried to be fancy (yay me) and it all just disappeared!! I want to cry!! but I wont, I will just pick myself up, dust myself of and try try again! ulgh!

okay so here goes...

I am SO SO SO excited to share my new adventure with you! BUT first, just a little update on how I have been since the "Eat your heart Out" challenge. For those of you that don't know, my first challenge to kick off my weight loss adventure was the "Eat Your Heart Out" challenge and you can read up all about it here. so the update is that i'm right back to where I started in weight! (sad face) BUT every day is a new day and we all make mistakes and we just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming swimming, just keep swimming! :) SO to the future I look and I am SO excited, because I found something worthy of excitement! YES my friends it's called The Harcombe Diet!! This woman is a genius! It took me a while to get my head around the whole idea, but I like it! I accidently came across this diet when I roamed around on my ipad app store. I found it in a cute little app called "In Shape Pro" they have the free version too, so go check it out, its very helpful in so many different ways. I love it. .... so yes, I came across the Harcombe diet on that app and it started me thinking about the whole concept that she has. and I decided to look a little further into it on her website which you can see here.  Here's the kicker, Calorie counting is WRONG!!! if you dont believe me, go read what she says! She has a wealth of information and it all makes so much sense. as I was reading it I was thinking to myself, "howcome have I not thought of this, this is so logical" and then it reminded me of a little Pinterest incident that I had:
My sister has very thick and curly hair and she's forever obsessed with straightening it, but having to straighten that hair of hers takes up to 2 hours. NOT something you want to spend your time on everyday. which is why she doesn't.  I don't know why she obsessed about it, I am inlove with her hair ( I have naturally straight hair ). so I find this post on pinterest that says; Add two tablespoons of brown sugar into warm water, shake it up until the sugar dissolves, put it in a spray bottel. spray it onto damp hair and brush it through and leave to dry. you will have silky straight hair with no heat at all. so I saved the pin with the intention to share it with my sister later on. luckily I forgot about it, because without looking for it, another pin pops up to say DO NOT TRY THIS.IT DOESNT WORK. obviously I was very interested in why this blogger said so and went to her blog.  I got such a fright and wanted to double over in laughter at the same time. To see the results click here. I love the fact that this blogger takes the chances so that we don't have to :) so brave! I'm so glad I didn't share that pin with my sister, she would've killed me!!! :)
but I realized that sometimes even the most logical things evade is when our pursuit is desperate enough. I know how badly my sister wants a way to get her hair straight without the tons of effort, so without thinking it through logically, I, for one, thought that the sugar and water idea is great, even though I KNEW what sugar does when it dries up! haha! it's kind of funny! Same with the diets, we actually know that these stupid low calorie diets won't work, but without realizing it we evade all logic and go for it anyway! STUBBORN!! I love Human complexity! :)
so after doing as much reading as I could, I was still a tiny bit nervous of tackling this diet, I felt like I needed to learn and know more. I subscribed to her website for free and then I went scratching around and found these freebies on her website. they are so informative. some things are a bit difficult to get your head around at times,  the medical and technical jargon made me feel like a tiny bit of an idiot at times, but then she does explain it in more understandable terms afterwards :) so just keep reading it, nice and slow, and you will be just fine. :) download your freebies up there where it says freebies in orange or over here.
I was thinking about everything and contemplating putting my own meal plan together before posting all of this info on the blog, because I just wanted to make certain I was on the right track, (I was a bit scared that I would eat the wrong things without realizing it) when an Email came through. I think God knew I needed some help! It was an email from Zoe Harcombe. She united forces with Instinctive Fitness and created what they call The Harcombe Diet 30 Day Blitz. Each day they will email you with suggestions of foods and recipes that you should eat, they will give you an exercize program as well (keeping in mind that these exercizes are to help you move your body in a natural way, not to push you to some ridiculous limit) and they give you inspirational information as well. so which is perfect because we dont actually have to do any of the planning ourselves except to prepare the food we are suggested to eat. isn't it wonderful? no more counting all your calories and doing math in your head the whole day long, no more weighing your food! you are going to eat MORE and be healthier and LOSE weight! after reading everything I also decided to buy myself one of her books! I'ts called, "Why do you overeat? when all you want is to be slim." It is a fabulous book and it read so easy, it's clear and fun to follow, you also get to understand more about Zoe's past, which is very helpful in this diet :) she also has other books available as well as dvd's, all available here. I bought this ebook on Amazon.

Phew! okay that was a lot of information! you now have all you need to read up on what this diet is all about! :)
The diet starts on the 1st of July 2013. If you want to join me on this challenge ( and I really really really hope that you do) please subscribe to it here! for free, in order for you to receive the emails daily. Also if you don't mind too much, please comment underneath if you are going to join me on this challenge! :)

So here is to NO MORE calorie counting, eating MORE whilst getting HEALTHIER and LOSING weight!! WHOO HOOO! I say this is worth trying! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting the great content…I was looking for something like this…I found it quiet interesting, hopefully you will keep posting such blogs….Keep sharing
    best online nutrition manager

    ReplyDelete