Saturday 25 May 2013

Eat your heart out - continued (day 3,4&5)

Hey all my PHAT ladies! :)

Just an update on the "eat your heart out detox" challenge:

Day 3 was the fruit and veggie day! It became fairly easy to cope with. The headaches started going, i didn't have much energy, but i didn't feel like the dead walking either. I was still craving, especially desserts, any thing sweet and chocolaty really and COFFEE!!!!! For those that do not know, "Hi, my name is Leandi and i am a hardcore coffee addict!" Living without coffee is not worth living at all. But somehow i have made it to my third day, coffee FREE, and i am still alive and kicking! Its a MIRACLE!!!
Honestly day 3 was easier than i thought it would be. We had our veggie soup and since we could have all the fruit we wanted, and we had  so many left, keeping in mind that after day 3 fruit is off the table (apart from bananas), we decided to blend them all with ice and make a nice smoothie. Worked out GREAT!! So apart from the cravings, it was a fairly easy day.

Day 4 is the darn banana and milk day! Now luckily for me i love milk and i adore bananas. For those that are not so fortunate, this will probably be the worst day of the this detox for you. My hubby thought it was a good idea to warm the milk up, it would create the illusion of drinking coffee i suppose? FAIL!!! It wasn't really good at all. Im guessing full cream milk warmed up could probably taste really good. But skim milk warmed up, tastes like someone milked the cow while giving it a bath! Cold skim milk and bananas were tasty. I liked it. I never really got the feeling of being full and satisfied completely. You only have up to 8 bananas to get by with. So you have to stretch it out. I wasn't ever feeling crazy hungry though. Poor hubby had a very hard time. He said it felt like he was hungry the whole day through. I gave him some of my bananas to help him out, but i would say this was his toughest day so far. I believe in detoxing, i think its great to eat less and all that, but if you are experiencing hunger pains, thats where i draw the line. I told him to eat as many bananas as he needed. There is a point when you know your body better than the people who created the detox. When you suffer, draw the line. I was fine, but my hubby is a big  built man. Not fat, just big built. And he needs more food than i do to keep from being hungry. He uses more energy than i do, just by being alive. He needed more than 8 bananas to get through the day. Don't punish yourself by not eating when you are experiencing physical hunger pains! You do not need to push it that far. Listen to your body and give it what it needs. (Not your mind or your heart, because my mind and hearts need chocolate, ribs and coffee right now!!!!) I was feeling a little sniffly yesterday, i had hay fever and my head felt like it got dropped into a pressure cooker. So by all means, my heart, mind, body and soul was praying for hubby to say he is done with the detox at times. its terrible, but i didn't want to be the one who disappoints, but if he stopped, i would've stopped.  Only at certain times though, and it was mostly brief. The one thing that kept us going though,  was the fact that we already successfully reached day 4! Giving up now is pointless! Especially if day 5 is CHICKEN!! So we pushed through! It wasn't  so bad. Day one was WAY worse for me! That dreaded fruit night. It haunts me still!

So this morning, day 5 (eat as much chicken and turkey as you like, and six tomatoes with a glass of water for each tomato), hubby was up and showered and ducked out to the shops and was back by 8:30 with rotisserie chicken shame he was probably so hungry!!! (This detox says, eat as many chicken as you want. It doesn't say which kind. Logic tells me it can't be fried, so i decided rotisserie is probably the best bet)   Oh my is it yum! And my body is thanking me for the meat! Its a great feeling! But we still have the whole day in front of us. We might change our minds when we get sick of it, haha.

But so far, so good! And only 2 more days left after today! Yay!!!

**Please remember to take a vitamin supplement every day when you do this detox. Your body really needs it!**


No comments:

Post a Comment