Tuesday 28 May 2013

"Eat your heart out" - Success!!!!! Or was it?

Alright! So.... The last few days were very interesting!

The banana and milk day as i mentioned was very difficult for poor old hubby, but we pushed through it!
Then we moved on to day 6 - chicken and 6 tomatoes with a glass of water for every tomato you eat. 
I have to tell you, i am a big tomato flavour lover! When i make my famous spaghetti bolognaise or my "lazy man's" pasta, it's tomato based. BUT raw tomatoes are not my kind of thing. So hubby ate his tomatoes raw and i fried mine up with salt and pepper. It was good. Not the worst thing i have ever had to eat on a diet, but i wouldn't say i loved it. The chicken too had its ups and downs! What was the most exciting thing ever in the beginning of the day, ended up in sighing and cringing at the end of the day! Knowing that the next day we have to eat chicken again!!! (As we would say in Afrikaans, " ons het met lang tande geeet." ) 
Hubby was feeling drained so he fell asleep on the couch while we were watching movies. I couldn't sleep, so i sat up watching movies way later than i was supposed to. Then at about 1am he woke up and went to the bathroom. The next thing i know he came falling out of the bathroom onto the wall and slid down slowly!! (Like in a dramatic dying scene of an action movie)
MY HEART!!!! In a split second so many thoughts and visions went through my head: "should i call an ambulance? What is their number? It might be easier for me to just throw him in the car and drive like a mad woman to the ER! I know where it is, but how do i get in there? I've never actually looked for the entrance gates! I really should pay more attention to these things! Is he going to die? Is this it? Am i to be a widow at age 27? I should probably see if this really is a heart attack before i go bonkers! "
I tried to speak to him, but he wouldn't reply. I freaked out and ended up screaming at him to answer me!! That caused him to scream back at me. At least i knew then it wasn't a heart attack. " Phew!" He ended up laying down on the ice cold tiles, even though it's really cold here right now. I asked him to try and get up, but he couldn't. As he tried his whole body shook and he just collapsed again. I then got him to turn onto his back and saw that he was sweating like a mad man. I touched his forehead but it was icy cold. I got such a fright because i thought he was burning up, but it was exactly the opposite. Why was he sweating??? 
His face was so white it looked a bit grey and his lips had a blue-ish tint to it. At that moment i had a flashback!
My sister and i were housesitting for some friends a few years back. She was sitting more or less across from me on the couch in the tv room. I don't  know what i was busy saying to her, i just remember realizing that she wasn't listening to me at all. So as I freaked out at her about being rude, she looked up at me and her face was as white as snow and her lips had a blue-ish tint to it! I got such a fright! I jumped up and grabbed the closest thing with lots of sugar in it ( a nice big fat chocolate) and practically forced it down her throat! It was easier for me to realize what was wrong with her because i knew she had always had very low blood pressure, so the first thought in my head was, "i need to get some sugar in her system, it will push her blood pressure up!" 
Now i don't know lots of medicine, but i too suffer from low blood pressure from time to time and my doctor told me something along the lines of ;  "Low blood pressure and low sugar levels kind of work together. When you feel drained and woozy, eat something with lots of sugar. Its an instant fix. Sugar levels pushes blood pressure up" or something like that. 
Now that doesn't make it okay for you to chomp down chocolates every 5 seconds, its just a quick fix, because you really do not want to faint.
If you do suffer from low blood pressure constantly, please go see your doctor and find out what you can do to keep it stable, the healthy way.
Anyway, i jumped up and made my hubby some coffee with sugar in. Three cups in fact. It killed me from the inside out, but i did not have any, not even a sip! Fortunately the colour in hubby's face came back and he was soon his old self again! Thank goodness! Being a widow really didn't appeal to me all that much! 

The chicken and veg day wasn't as bad as i had thought, we made chicken and veg soup and chucked it in a blender which made for a very creamy soup! Who knew you could get soup creamy without using any cream or milk? But that night i was extremely moody, and upset and i was feeling funny and i was just not myself. Hubby made the executive decision to give me a cup of coffee! He told me he needs me to be friendly again. Haha! 

The next day, and the LAST day was the miracle soup......
Now here's where i fell terribly short.. It's embarrassing to tell.
I was sitting, looking at all the ingredients and i realized, i hate leeks and i hate green pepper, and they are going to be so overwhelming in this soup. I couldn't get myself to make it. So i didn't. Yesterday i starved myself. I was literally going to have nothing before I have that soup!!!
Im not sure why i didn't think of that when i read this diet, maybe i was just too keen to drop some weight. Or maybe after being on this torture ride for a week, eating things that i dislike (nay) HATE, was just no longer an option for me. 
So last night at about 8 or so, we decided that we are now officially calling this detox quits, we think we have done well enough and we needed to eat. So hubby went and bought Mc Donalds! Oops!!!

Here's the thing though; he bought each of us a double cheeseburger (you know, those tiny ones) and six nuggets with jalapeƱo sauce (i would die for that sauce) and usually i can finish it without even blinking an eye. I ate my nuggets and got half way through that burger and i was full. I could not take another bite! So my stomach shrank! Yay!!!!

We weighed ourselves this morning and with the Mc donalds and everything, i lost a whopping 3.7kg's! And hubby lost an unbelievable 4.7kg's!!!! 
Now think how much we would've lost if we actually ate that soup, haha!!

It doesn't really seem like a lot when you look at it, but that amount in 6 days (we decided not to count yesterday's major flop) is a lot! 

So YES, this detox does work and you do drop really fast! If you do decide to do it, Be careful!!!!! Listen to your body! We really don't want anyone else dropping on the floor! 

 What an awesome experience!!! This was hard and fun and motivating (most of the time) all at the same time. I really had so much fun doing this challenge and blogging about it! And even with all may failures, i still feel so proud of myself and so thankful that you guys are reading this and helping me along the way! 

Now, my hubby has been overseas a few times and every time he has gone he has had BURGER KING!! he's forever telling me how amazing it is and how he is craving it etc etc?
Good news is they have just opened up a BURGER KING in South Africa!!!! Best news is, it's in CAPE TOWN!!!!!  So i finally get to know what all the fuss is about! I'm very excited to go and try it and maybe have a glimpse of what his overseas travels were like. I have never been overseas :( but after Burger King, i will be a good girl again! :)

My next blog will be about my next challenge. I will have all of the information and links on there, as well as when i'm starting it. I'm hoping by giving everyone a head start on the information that some of you would start it with me and tell me about your experiences too. I cannot wait to post it! I'll give you a little hint, *** this one is a lot easier and it is more about correcting your hormones then losing weight, although you really lose a lot of weight anyway!**** 
Can anyone guess what it is?
(To my sister: if you are reading this, you cannot answer that question as i have already given the answer to you. It would be called cheating! ;) )

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to every reader!!!!!!    You have helped me more than i could have ever imagined!!!! Please keep on reading! You can either click on the follow me button or subscribe via email to receive all of my post as they come in. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the cleanse. I am on day 5 with my friend, we have both lost 6 pounds so far!! So excited to see how much we lose by the end!!

    ReplyDelete