Wednesday 22 May 2013

Eat your heart out! Day #2

Wow!!! I am literally dreaming about coffee the whole day long!!! This is excruciating!!!
But first let me tell you about last night! Oh yes, the day of the juicy fruits!! All we could have for dinner was fruit!! (Kill me now!!)  this was close to impossible! Honestly, i was sitting on the couch last night, wishing i could have some comfort food, because i was feeling weak and i had a MASSIVE headache!
I had the good, same old same old thoughts; " why am I doing this? What is the point of depriving myself of what i want? Being fat is not so bad... Maybe i could start some other time, i feel like i rushed into this, and this might be the worst time ever to do this detox!" 

Let me tell you, its natural to have those thoughts. When your body is going through a detox, it naturally starts craving all of the bad things its used to. And when you are hungry, it makes it worse! And when you are hungry and all you can it is fruit on a cold night, it makes it near impossible!
But.... Your success is up to YOU! So when those thoughts come to mind, you have to keep telling yourself why you wanted to start this detox in the first place. To make it easier for yourself, why don't you make a list for yourself about all the reasons why you want to do this detox? Write it down and keep it. When these "convincing thoughts to stop the detox" start knocking on your door, grab your list and read all the reasons why you wanted to start in the first place! Maybe this will help keep you motivated enough to push through the tough times. If it isn't, find the solution!

So i ate the ridiculous fruit and tried to keep my mind off of food for the rest of the night. And in the morning when i woke up, i felt SO proud of myself!! :)
But oh my goodness, today was hard!!! (Today was the vegetable day. Nothing else but vegetables! And a little treat was that we could have a baked potato with butter! NOM!!) It was better then yesterday, and worse,all at the same time!

I could eat lots of veggies, and it was warm and nice, but i needed a cup of coffee So So So bad!! The cravings just got worse today! But at least i am full so it helps keep me sane. At one point this afternoon though, i got so hungry i was shaking! I got quite a fright! But luckily it subsided when i got some soup in me!
YES! I almost forgot! We made some lovely vegetable soup! I was thinking we needed to get some more water in, so i figured making soup would help fill us and hydrate us all at the same time. And it was lovely, especially because it was so cold today! 
My hubby even came up with the brilliant idea of putting the soup in the blender! It ended up with a creamy texture! It was beautiful and oh so tasty!
For dinner we made a salad and the baked potato with butter and chives! YUMMY!!! It was delicious!!

So day two: Excruciating!!! But a roaring success!! :)
Now to go for day three!! Let's hope this gets easier!!
I'm going to drink some headache tablets now and sleep ;)

Please feel free to comment. I would love to hear your stories etc! 


2 comments:

  1. Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! your comment is just what i needed to inspire me! :)

      Delete