Sunday 19 May 2013

Here goes Nothing!!! Join me in my Journey!

Hi! :)

A little introduction to me and the reason i created this blog:

I am a 27 year old married woman living in Cape town, South Africa. I have no kids, but I do have a beautiful miniature dachshund, and she is almost like a child to me :) I'm super in love with my hubby of two years and he has just started a business with two other partners. (PROUD!!!)

Life is good! I'm happy! ..... 

BUT... ( Isn't there always a but?)
I am not happy when I look in the mirror!!!!
YES! I said it, like just about almost every other woman in the world, I do not like the way I look!
I am overweight (severely obese, as the doctors would say. Just a little bit plump, as my husband would say) in my opinion, I'm just plain ol' fat! And I have been struggling with this fact for quite a few years. In fact, at times you would find me sitting in a dark corner of my house, curled up in a blanket, golfing down some sort of super fattening, calorie loaded yummy thing, bawling my eyes out and longing for the days that I was oh so skinny! We can be so ridiculous if we want to! ;)
And then just the other day, something clicked in my brain.... (Cue the crazy lady music) 
"If I want to be thinner and healthier, then I have to Do something about it." 
Before you think "ya duh lady! Seriously? Thats your big epiphany?" Let me explain...
Its not that I didn't know this little fact, I mean if I could have 10 dollars for every insane attempt of mine to lose weight, I would be a friggen millionaire! Its just that it finally sunk in! I realized that I could either be unhappy looking in the mirror; try to lose weight and fail because I already admitted defeat before I even started; cry and BINGE to get back at the world (seriously, only the food fairies could possibly understand that logic, but it makes so much sense in the moment..); and forever be overweight... OR... I can say, "enough is enough! I am saving me from myself and taking serious control over my weight and unexplained inability to lose the weight! No more excuses! If there is a problem, find a solution! If I am not motivated enough, create motivation!"

Its simple! Never give up! Never surrender! And if you mess up along the way? Then do as Dori from 'Finding Nemo' says; " just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming swimming, just keep swimming!"
So the reason for this blog, you say?
Well, I need motivation! And I have figured out a way to create just that! This blog is my "accountability partner".  I do not know how many people will read and follow my blog, maybe no one will... But that's okay. My fear of someone coming across this blog and then seeing that I have failed is motivation enough for me to keep going! I hate disappointing people! Its one of my weird quirks. ( I have quite a few) 
SO...
Here's what i'm planning:

My goal is to try a whole lot of different ways to lose weight. YES, you just read that right, your eyes did not deceive you. I think we all know deep down inside that eating healthy and exercising is the best way to lose weight, but for some or other (unexplained, yet again...) reason, we have this obsession with different ways and means to lose weight.. Finding that Something that "works for you".  So I am going to try out a few different things and see how they work.  From detoxes to different workout methods, to different diets and maybe even some "psychology". Keeping in mind  that I don't want to be skinny, I want to be healthy, and being healthy means (in my case) losing some serious weight! 

I chose the name "phat girl on the run" because I am more than just an overweight woman! I am intelligent, I am funny, I am loyal and fun and so much more! Every woman needs to realize that your weight DOES NOT define who you are! We are beautiful, and we all have a bit of glitter in our veins! We are PHAT woman who want to make a change to one facet of our lives! 
 
I cannot wait to start! And I cannot wait to share all of my info with you! And Iam hoping that this blog will inspire you to lose weight too and share your experience, ideas and results with me! Its not fun going at this huge challenge alone. Having someone beside you, holding your hand during tough times, motivating you and sharing and laughing with you during good times and bad; THAT is what's going to get us to where we want to be!

LETS DO THIS LADIES!!!!

Photos of me coming soon! As well as my first challenge!
***please note that I am not a doctor, nutritionist or have any qualifications regarding foods and/or diets. Anything you try, found on this blog, is at your own risk. It is recommended that you consult with your doctor before attempting any of these diets/programs, or any other ones you might come across on your own for that matter. Be safe! Be healthy!***

No comments:

Post a Comment