Tuesday 21 May 2013

The "eat your heart out" challenge!!

This is my motto today...
Yes, I have started the eat your heart out challenge today! This little detox is designed to flush your body from toxins and to lose a few kg's while you are at it!
This one is going to be a tough one for me!!! I love my warm plate of food at night, it just doesnt feel the same without it! I remember trying out this really intense 14 day diet, where you eat just about nothing and only what is listed in the diet otherwise it won't work. I did very well, I hated every moment, but I did well. It wasnt until the 6th day that I started completely degrading in will power, strength and the ability to think straight! I had to eat fruit and belgium yogurt for dinner!!! DINNER!!! To make matters worse, my lovely husband refused to do it with me and got himself some Mc donalds!!! I told him it was fine and that I can handle it, but the truth is I was dying inside! I watched him take every single bite! I even sniffed his food a couple of times! At one point my dog and I had a bit of a stand off, because we're both sitting there hoping he would give us a bite! Just a bite. Or some scraps, some scraps would do just fine too! I couldnt hide it anymore and I literally bawled my eyes out! Poor hubby has to deal with all of these moodswings! Mwhahaha (evil laugh!) needless to say, the next day I quit that diet! Not just because of the Mc donalds (although we did drive straight to one and bought a double cheeseburger and a cappuccino) but mostly because my system was rejecting the little bit of food that I could eat horribly. And I was HUNGRY!!!!! 

So, much like that diet, our dinner for tonight is........ FRUIT!! 
Infact, our whole day consists of only fruit and water! Yay!!! Im overjoyed!.... Ulgh!  When I opened my eyes this morning and realized that we are actually doing this, all of these memories of my previous fruit 'incident' came flooding back. And I thought, "FRUIT! We meet again! I will not be defeated! I will destroy you!!!" 
So far so good! Besides the fact that the atmosphere is tense in the house and that i'm like a piranha, ready to attack at any time, it's going great!!! :)
See what makes this diet so clever is that they make you look forward to tomorrow! Because tomorrow its veggies and you get to have a jacket potato WITH BUTTER!!!!!!! Beautiful warm filling food! Im dreaming of it already!
So without further ado, I present to you, the "eat your heart out challenge"


                                                  
I dont know how to get that bigger, so I will attach the link: http://pinterest.com/pin/479703797779554484/ 
This is where I came across it. If you click on the link and then on the picture in the link it will take you to the website or blog it was posted on originally. You can read up more about it there if you want, although it is very simple; eat what they tell you to eat, drink a multivitamin and drink plenty of water!

I am so excited to share my experiences with you over the next 7 days albeit good or bad :)
This truly is a great encouragement! To see that some of you already visited my blog just gives me the strength  to push through it all!! :) and I hope someone is starting this detox with me soon (other than my hubby :) so supportive!)

***please note that I am not a doctor, nutritionist or have any qualifications regarding foods and/or diets. Anything you try, found on this blog, is at your own risk. It is recommended that you consult with your doctor before attempting any of these diets/programs, or any other ones you might come across on your own for that matter. Be safe! Be healthy!***

Oh yes yes yes, my photos coming soon! Eeeeek, its stressful to think about it! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment